Q&A from our Photo Pros
1. In what type of photography do you specialize?
Landscape and wildlife.
2. What do you love most about your job?
The ability to be outside, enjoying the natural beauty of Hawaii and interacting with wildlife.
3. How would you describe your style?
Natural: I print what comes out of the camera, so I look for clean, wide open spaces or those decisive moments in wildlife, and don't edit the results.
4. What advice would you give to a novice photo enthusiast?
Always keep a camera nearby because you never know when you'll see that moment you want to capture. The most important piece of equipment a photographer has is the eye.
5. When you don’t have a camera in hand, what do you like to do?
Write, play soccer, ski, kayak, hike
6. What first got you interested in photography?
I think I got my first camera when I was four or five, and I used to photograph the frogs, toads and turtles I'd catch in the backyard. So... not much has changed?
7. Are there other photographers you look up to?
Ansel Adams is probably the most obvious one, but I am constantly checking out new photographers as I find them.
8. What is your favorite camera accessory/product?
My Case Logic sling bag, of course. I cannot believe how much easier it has made carrying my camera with me everywhere, and always having all the right gear with me.
9. What/who inspires you?
I think my parents inspired me to believe that I could follow my dreams wherever they took me, and photographing Hawaii's wildlife and amazing scenic landscapes has been a pretty good spot to land!
10. In one word, what do you hope to provide to your clients?
Memories of their trip to Hawaii through the places and wildlife that can only be found here.